By now, you’ve probably heard the enthusiastic buzz about having a Facebook Like Page (a.k.a. “Facebook Fan Page”, “Facebook Business Page”, or simply “Facebook Page”) for your business, your brand, or yourself. Are you ready to get one of your own? If so, read on!
Here’s how to do it in 5 simple steps:
- Setting up your Facebook Like Page. Visit www.facebook.com/pages/create.php to get started, then choose a category and name your Page. Since your Facebook Page name is permanent, take some time to consider what will best represent your Page, as well as what will attract visitors, fans, and customers.
- Upload a Page Photo. Your Page Photo is an essential element, since it is the main image that will represent your brand, as well as the first thing people see when they visit your Like Page. You have 200 pixels wide by 600 pixels high to work with. Your Facebook Like Page photo can be a picture of yourself, your logo, or a banner image you have created.
- Fill in your Bio and Info areas. The content in the short bio (on the left side of your Page) and Info Tab are indexed by search engines, so be sure to use descriptive language with appropriate keywords and phrases when filling these areas in. In your bio area, be sure to include a link to your website (make it clickable by using http:// in front of your url).
- Add a Custom Landing Tab. To make your Facebook Like Page stand out and generate maximum impact on visitors, create a custom Facebook Page design. This step is essential if you plan to control the marketing message for first-time visitors. Without a custom landing tab set, new visitors to your Like Page will be directed to your Wall, where delivering a consistent message is near impossible.
- Add engaging content. Photos, videos, links to resources and articles, blog posts, engaging status updates… a Facebook Like Page is only as good as the content it holds. By adding these interactive elements you will encourage visitors to become fans, and fans to become loyal fans. There are endless applications available to make your Facebook Like Page more appealing, so be sure to checkout these Facebook Applications to find apps that work well for your Page.
As with any other marketing strategy or tool, a Facebook Like Page must be maintained and monitored to keep it fresh and evaluate what is working and what isn’t. If set up and maintained properly, Facebook Like Pages can be a great marketing tool for your business, your brand, or yourself.